Alzheimer's Foundation of America Presents: " Free Concepts in Care Educational Conference Details:
DATE & TIME: Friday, May 5, 2017 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
LOCATION: New York Hilton Midtown – Trianon Ballroom – 1335 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast, Free Confidential Memory Screenings, Exhibit Hall
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. – Welcome
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Unraveling Alzheimer’s Disease
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Long-Term Care
- 12:00-1:30 p.m. – Start With Yes: Improving Dementia Communication Through Improv
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Programming With Purpose: A Recreational Framework For The Creation of Roles, Rituals and Creative Expression.
AFA’s Concepts in Care Educational Conference will provide the opportunity to learn from experts on topics, including: unraveling Alzheimer's disease, long-term care, improving dementia communications through improv, and programming with purpose. The conference is free to attend and will also include free, confidential memory screenings and a display of select panels from the AFA Quilt to Remember, the nation's first large-scale quilt in honor and memory of the 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer's.
For more information please visit our web page at: http://www.alzfdn.org/registration/afas-15th-anniversary-educating-ameri...
and our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1403767262996491/