The following article is being provided courtesy of the Aging Life Care Association®
Why Home Care Agencies should Collaborate with Aging Life Care Professionals® …
when looking for excellence in comprehensive services for aging or disabled adults and their families
Aging Life Care™, also known as geriatric care management, is a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life Care Professionals provides the answers at a time of uncertainty.
Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress, and time off of work for family caregivers.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH AN AGING LIFE CARE PROFESSIONAL
• Provides an unbiased or outside assessment of how much and the type of support needed at home.
• Helps streamline communication by serving as a communication hub for all involved parties.
• Serves as a local contact for the client if a family is out of town.
• Provides additional support and encouragement to the caregivers.
• Ensures that Home Care Agencies have all necessary and relevant information to best meet the client’s needs at home.
• Helps clients accept and adjust to help in the home.
• Solves issues in the home as they arise.
• Attends medical appointments with clients, relieving home care agencies of this responsibility.
• Manages challenging client/family dynamics so that Home Care Agencies can focus on providing quality care to the client.
• Connects clients with other professionals as needed, such as attorneys or fiduciaries.
• Builds ongoing, collaborative relationships with Home Care Agencies so that they can serve as reciprocal referral sources.
Linda Ziac of The Caregiver Resource Center is an Aging Life Care Expert, a Geriatric Care Manager, and a Nationally Board Certified Case Manager working with people of all ages
To learn more about Linda Ziac and The Caregiver Resource Center visit us at http://www.TheCaregiverResourceCenter.com
To find an Aging Life Care Expert in your community visit www.aginglifecare.org and reach out today!
Photo from Printshop