My Social Security is an online portal offered by the Social Security Administration that provides easy access to your Social Security information. The following link will connect you to My Social Security: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
if you receive benefits or have Medicare, you can use your my Social Security online account to:
- Get your benefit verification letter;
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number;
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment;
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
If you do not receive benefits, you can:
- Get your Social Security Statement, to review:
- Estimates of your future retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
- Your earnings once a year to verify the amounts we posted are correct; and
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
- Get a benefit verification letter stating that:
- You never received Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare; or
- You received benefits in the past, but do not currently receive them (The letter will include the date your benefits stopped and how much you received that year.); or
- You applied for benefits but haven’t received an answer yet.
- Social Security Office Locator - Find Office Locations by Zip Code
Submitted by Senior Help Desk on Sun, 01/07/2018 - 9:28pm
For more information about the Social Security Administration visit www.socialsecurity.gov. You can also use the Link below to find the Social Security Administration, SSA Office near you.The SSA Can help you with questions or issues about your retirement benefits and other federal programs such as SSI. You can also call your local Social Security office to schedule an appointment.
or Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information on Social Security visit: www.socialsecurity.gov